We invite you to submit nominations for the Maria Moors Cabot Prizes, the oldest international awards in journalism, founded in 1938. The prizes recognize a distinguished body of work that has contributed to Inter-American understanding.
Who is eligible?
Any journalist and/or news executive who works for any news organization based in the Western Hemisphere or any press association, news service or syndicate that serves such an organization; other individuals, including freelance journalists, with a long record of reporting on the region; all media, including Internet publications.
If you know a journalist or media organization that deserves to be recognized, please submit the completed nomination form and pertinent material by March 16, 2024. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Individuals may also nominate themselves.
Supporting material will not be returned.
As indicated below, please upload each of the following items and provide links for digital presentations.
- Nominee’s biography and/or CV listing education, journalistic experience and public service, with dates.
- A statement describing how the nominee has contributed towards international understanding in the Western Hemisphere.
- At least five but no more than ten (without prior authorization) print articles, television or radio programs or online stories that are representative of the nominee’s work.
- Please provide direct links to any media. Otherwise, please upload it to a site such as YouTube or Vimeo. Links must remain live through November 2024. If your media is password protected, please provide the password.
- One to three letters of recommendation from third parties that explain why the nominee is especially deserving of the prize.
Supported document types include .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .jpg, .xls. Supporting multimedia presentations can be sent as links.
**If you have been contacted about a previous nomination being considered for the 2024 cycle, please submit additional examples of recent reporting for consideration through the nomination form.**